Rude Auckland emails (pt 2)

More timely reminders (read below full email from bottom up) about the need to remain vigilant when using email, which we all need to understand is by no means a private electronic communication.

From a PR viewpoint, how easily this storm in a gourmet teacup could have been ended: McHugh could simply have expressed regret to the press that this was an unseemly situ, apologised to Hayley for her part in the debacle, and made an even modest gesture of reparation to bridge-build. Refusing to front up to media interest only created the impression of guilt and re-emphasised her apparently incomplete communication skills, evidenced in the email trail. And now others are providing examples of McHugh’s PR shortcomings(see below).

—–Original Message—–
From: Gourmet Food Store [mailto:outcatering@gourmetfoodstore.co.nz]
Sent: 13 September 2007 1:57 p.m.
To: Lai Tong

Cc: Sue Rossiter ; Tina Petrie

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 9:27 AM

Subject: RE: Trust Investments – Breakfast catering

Hello Margaret

Yes, my boss Sue Rossiter, Manager – Administration Services, was aware of my
dealings with you.

I have forwarded a copy of this to her and she will be contacting you.

Lai

—–Original Message—–
From: Gourmet Food Store [mailto:outcatering@gourmetfoodstore.co.nz]
Sent: 12 September 2007 6:53 p.m.
To: Lai Tong
Subject: Re: Trust Investments – Breakfast catering

Hi Lai,

I guess because I am the boss I can speak truthfully and not be afraid for my job,
Does your boss know you are wasting their time emailing petty nonsense. In my 30 yrs
as a successfully trained professional caterer I have never had to respond to such
nonsense.

Please don’t use Gourmet Food Store again we are not used to part timers who have to
much time on their hands,have no understanding, good manners and common sense in
dealing with a complaint there and then. You never gave us an opportunity to amend
what you said was wrong, we or course were never given the food to make an
assessment of our own just some nicely typed out letter fully or criticism with no
proof, not good enough !!!!!! The food could have been tampered with for all we
know.

May I suggest in closing you spend a little more time in finding the word your were
looking for in English relating to the orange so I can ask my supplier to remove it
before he sends them to me in future.

Kind Wish

Margaret. Owner /Operator

Gourmet Food Store
Ph & Fax : 81 555 31
Mobile : 0274 347 199
E-Mail : deli@ihug.co.nz
Web : http://www.gourmetfoodstore.co.nz

—– Original Message —–

From: Lai Tong

To: Gourmet Food Store

Cc: Tina Petrie

Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:19 PM

Subject: RE: Trust Investments – Breakfast catering

Hello Margaret

Thanks for your reply. The breakfast on Thursday 6 September commenced 7.30, the
food was delivered at 7.20. Many of our guests had already arrived.

Could you have provided a replacement breakfast in 10 minutes?

The 4 ½ days to inform you of our disappointment included a 2-day weekend.

All in all we are surprised with the unprofessional response to our complaint.

Lai

—–Original Message—–
From: Gourmet Food Store [mailto:outcatering@gourmetfoodstore.co.nz]
Sent: 11 September 2007 12:43 p.m.
To: Lai Tong
Subject: Re: Trust Investments – Breakfast catering

Hello Lai Tong,

I am sorry you were not happy with your clients breakfast, I am rather confused to
say the least that you waited 4 1/2 days to inform me you were disappointed in the
consumed breakfast food, it is rather unbelievable. If I was so unhappy I would
have been on the telephone immediately and had the food replace forthwith. Of which
I would have been more than pleased to do after having seen it again for myself.

Re fruit platter what is white Plinth. The only Plinth I know of is a square slab
at the base of a column or pedestal. If you wish to discuss this further I am on
the numbers below please don’t send an email it is so time consuming and
impersonal . Regards Margaret

Gourmet Food Store
Ph & Fax : 81 555 31
Mobile : 0274 347 199
E-Mail : deli@ihug.co.nz
Web : http://www.gourmetfoodstore.co.nz

—– Original Message —–

From: Lai Tong

To: outcatering@gourmetfoodstore.co.nz

Cc: Tina Petrie

Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 1:25 PM

Subject: Trust Investments – Breakfast catering

Hello Margaret

Thank you for catering the breakfast for us on Thursday 6 September 2007.

We ordered this breakfast from you based on the very good quality and presentation
of the first breakfast and lunch you supplied.

Unfortunately, we were disappointed with both the quality and presentation of the
breakfast supplied, and we wish to comment as follows:

· Baps filled – We received filled Muffins instead. These were too big and
unattractive with minimal filling.

· Filled Pockets – Supplied as requested but were not fresh and the fillings were
messy; some pockets had strips of bacon which consisted of fat and rind.

· The Savory and Sweet Mini Muffins were a little tough.

· The Muesli slices were very nice.

· The Fresh Fruit platter which was ordered later, was also disappointing, for
example the ends of the orange were included which consisted mainly of the white
plinth.

We would appreciate if, in future our request cannot be met, you contact us to
discuss alternatives/options.

Lai Tong

Reception

Trust Investments Management Limited

Ph +64 9 306 2530

Fax +64 9 377 2015

Email ltong@trustinvestments.co.nz

Advertisements

One thought on “Rude Auckland emails (pt 2)

1. I was laughing at the ‘plinth’ part,lol…I believe it is pith she’s on about?

However that Margaret person should have kept her cool, not professional at all.

You want customer satisfaction, not customer retaliation! Even though it was 4 days after, it’s not like she was sending an email with profanities about their food they provided, so Margaret should have been a bit more polite and helpful in trying to rectify the problem and should have called Lai straight away after receiving the first email.

Tough muffins are a big no no,lol.