If yer wondering if this whole bloggin’ thing’s ever gonna catch on, Tom Murphy has unearthed some interesting UK stats: Research looked at 300 companies with more than 250 employees, (sponsored by Inferno PR), and found:
- 50% of UK companies now undertake some form of blogging
- 64% of UK corporate blogs have been launched in the last 6 months
- 86% of companies that have a blog credit it with generating more business opportunities for their company
- 66% of managers in the survey have visited blogs in the last 12 months
- 80% of blog users visit blogs during working hours
- 33% of blog visitors will access a blog on a daily basis
Tom’s got the links for more detailed research if you’re interested.