Just before diving into the chilly waters at about 4.15pm yesterday (Tuesday).
Long weekends don’t get much better than that one; visiting friends’ farm in Taggerty 2hrs north east of Melbourne on Saturday overlooking the majestic Cathedral Ranges; scoring four (count ’em Senor Ronaldo, four!) at football on Sunday, then two days sailing on Port Phillip bay (see pic) with an overnighter at Mornington (despite the flat calm in the pic, we sailed at 5.2knots most of yesterday afternoon). That’s what I call a weekend.
Meanwhile on the PR disaster/blog front we have a race slur DJ escaping the old ‘heave-ho’ (geddit?), wise words from blogger John Moore on managing an online PR disaster and the suggested 7-point ‘good blogging behaviour’ guidelines from the sometimes pyjama/kimono-sporting Jimmy ‘Wikipedia’ Wales, as follows:
1. We take responsibility for our own words and reserve the right to restrict comments on our blog that do not conform to basic civility standards.
2. We won’t say anything online that we wouldn’t say in person.
3. If tensions escalate, we will connect privately before we respond publicly.
4. When we believe someone is unfairly attacking another, we will take considered action.
5. We do not allow anonymous comments.
6. We ignore the trolls.
7. We encourage blog hosts to enforce more vigorously their terms of service.
These seem eminently reasonable/helpful to me; what say you?